Week in Bronco Sports: 4/8-4/13

Missed any of last week’s games? Check out this week in Broncos sports review.
Josh Baskin
CJ Driver scored his 100th career goal against Passaic Tech on Friday.

Monday, Apr. 8

Boys Golf vs. Ridgewood – 183-168 Loss

Dylan Sawyer placed two strokes behind Ridgewood’s Braden Bhalla but was the only Bronco golfer to finish in the top six as Pascack Hills Boys Golf lost to Ridgewood. This loss drops Hills to 0-3 on the season.

Softball at River Dell – 15-0 Loss

Softball once again took a shutout loss at divisional opponents River Dell on Monday. Hills is now 0-4.

Baseball vs. Ramsey – 9-2 Win

Baseball got a big home win against Ramsey in a divisional game. Joe Giordano had a great win on the mound with 68 pitches in 4 innings. Andrew Streim and Anthony Blackford kept Hills ahead. At the plate, Blackford and Jake Lulla both went 2-4 with a double and two RBIs.

Girls Lacrosse vs. Wayne Hills – 6-3 Win

Girls lacrosse got their first win of the season at home against Wayne Hills. Sophomore Astrid Velozo had a hat trick, and senior Savanna Bell had nine saves in the win.

Boys Track at Indian Hills – 91-49 Win

Aaron Lee won the javelin, discus, and shot put as boys track defeated Indian Hills in the first leg of their tri meet. Peter Priestner won the 1600 and 3200 races. 

Boys Track at Westwood – 118-22 Win

Boys track won all but the shot put event against Westwood. Harit Guhananth won the 400 hurdles and the 800, Priestner repeated in the 1600 and 3200, and Aaron Lee again won the javelin and discus. Cuddy Zhu added wins in the Triple Jump and Long Jump as boys track swept the tri meet.

Girls Track at Indian Hills – 71-69 Loss

It was a close loss for the girls track team against Indian Hills. Meredith Colla won the 400 and 200 and contributed to a win in the 4×400 relay. Maura Alden won the 100 hurdles race and the triple jump and long jump events. Liliana Ataalla added wins in the javelin, discus, and shot put although it was not enough to win the meet.

Girls Track at Westwood – 68-66 Win

Colla won the 400, Ataalla won the discus and shot put, and Alden won the triple and long jumps to defeat Westwood. Crucial wins were added by Lexi Mandel in the pole vault and by Colla, Ava Direse, Nina Indulgana, and Selen Sari in the 4×400 relay.

Tuesday, Apr. 9

Baseball vs. Hackensack – 7-2 Loss

Joe Napolitano had a strong start on the mound, but Eddie Mulligan let up six runs when he came in during the top of the 5th inning as Pascack Hills fell to Group IV school Hackensack on Tuesday. Corey Ginsberg finished the game for Hills, and Ronin Stern went 2-3 at the plate.

Boys Tennis vs. River Dell – 4-1 Win

Pascack Hills won all but one match against River Dell to improve to 2-1. Connor Wong, Sam Fruitbine, and Edward Shanoyan swept the singles matches, and Jake Polsky and Ari Hirshfield continued their hot streak with another doubles win.

Boys Lacrosse vs. Paramus Catholic – 19-1 Win

CJ Driver inched closer to 100 career goals with four in the Broncos crushing win over Paramus Catholic on Tuesday. Brendan Singleton got the win credit, but Vazyl Adams and Logan Litt got some varsity experience. Ryan Davis also added three goals as Hills improved to 2-2.

Wednesday, Apr. 10

Boys Golf at the FDU Invitational

Dylan Sawyer placed in the top 50 at the annual FDU Invitational, shooting 12 over par through 18 holes. He was in a three-way tie for 49th place. The Bronco team placed 14th of 18 schools at the event.

Girls Golf at Bergen Tech – 195-143 Loss

Girls golf got their season started with a loss against Bergen Tech. No Broncos were in the top six.

Baseball at Ramsey – 10-0 Loss

Ramsey’s William Kirk only gave up one hit as the Virginia commit, who also has some MLB scouts circling, put Ramsey on even ground with Pascack Hills in the Big North Patriot Division.

Softball vs. Northern Highlands – 8-0 Loss

Hills softball dropped to 0-4 with another shutout loss, this time against Northern Highlands. Ciara Murray only gave up four hits in her complete game shutout.

Girls Lacrosse vs. Tenafly – 14-7 Win

Girls lacrosse is now 2-3 after a big divisional win against Tenafly. Seniors Nikki Giammanco and Brooke Bonanno were joined by freshman Emily Driver in scoring two goals. Both Savanna Bell and Asiya Crandall got some experience in net, with Bell getting the win credit.

Friday, Apr. 12

Boys Lacrosse vs. Passaic Tech – 9-8 Win

CJ Driver is only at the start of his junior season, but he already has 100 career goals after scoring four against Passaic Tech on Friday. Ryan Davis added three in the close win. The Broncos improved to 3-2 and 2-1 in the NJILL Cullen division, the championship of which they are defending.

Saturday, Apr. 13

Girls Lacrosse at Emerson Boro – 8-7 Loss

It was a tough Saturday loss for girls lacrosse against divisional opponent Emerson. Kayla Hunt had seven of eight goals for the Cavos.