2023 Country Music Awards: The run-down

On Nov. 8, the 57th annual Country Music Awards (CMA’s) debuted at 8 p.m. ET on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. Luke Bryan and Payton Manning reprised their roles as hosts for this year’s ceremony, leaving both country music and football fans satisfied with their appearances. 
People Magazine

Country music fans without access to the show’s initial ABC release can expect Hulu to provide day-after streaming options to all of its subscribers. 

Among the award winners was 31-year-old country recording artist Lainey Wilson, who accomplished significant milestones in her music career despite only her second year of CMA nominations for her outstanding music industry performance. She continues not to fall short of her fans’ high-caliber expectations. She was nominated for nine categories before the show’s occurrence and racked up five awards upon the event’s conclusion. 

Here is a complete list of this year’s winners: 

Entertainer of the Year: 

Lainey Wilson 

Single of the Year: 

*Award goes to Artist(s), Producer(s), and Mix Engineer(s)

Luke Combs “Fast Car” 

Producers: Luke Combs, Chip Matthews, Jonathan Singleton

Mix Engineer: Chip Matthews

Album of the Year:

Lainey Wilson – “Bell Bottom Country”

Producer: Jay Joyce

Mix Engineers: Jason Hall, Jay Joyce

Song of the Year: 

*Award goes to Songwriter(s)

“Fast Car”

Songwriter: Tracy Chapman

Female Vocalist of the Year: 

Lainey Wilson

Male Vocalist of the Year: 

Chris Stapleton 

Vocal Group of the Year: 

Old Dominion 

Vocal Duo of the Year: 

Brothers Osborne 

Musical Event of the Year: 

*Award goes to Artist(s) and Producer(s)

Hardy (feat. Lainey Wilson) – “wait in the truck”

Producers: Hardy, Joey Moi, Jordan Schmidt, Derek Wells 

Musician of the Year: 

Jenee Fleenor 

Music Video of the Year: 

*Award goes to Artist(s) and Director(s)

Director: Justin Clough 

New Artist of the Year:

Jelly Roll 

This year’s CMA Awards recognized tremendous talent from various unique artist styles. In addition to Wilson’s prominence, one the most memorable moments from the award ceremony was when Luke Combs received both the Single of the Year and Song of the Year awards for his rendition of Tracy Chapman’s 1988 “Fast Car.” 

He attributed his cover’s success to Chapman to the extent of referencing the special place that her original song has in his heart. 

Although Chapman was not in attendance, presenter Sara Evans addressed the audience by sharing Chapman’s thoughtful message, where Chapman apologized for her absence and rejoiced in her song’s revitalization 35 years after its initial release, crediting Combs and the fans for their contributions to maintaining its popularity. 

Chris Stapleton received his seventh Male Vocalist of the Year award, attributing a component of his success to his wife, Morgane Stapleton, and Mike Henderson, his former partner in the Steel Drivers, among two of Stapleton’s friends that passed away in 2023. 

Other artist accolades include Brothers Osborne’s sixth Vocal Duo of the Year award and Old Dominion’s sixth consecutive Group of the Year award.

Along with many additional live musical performances from talented artists, the 2023 CMA Awards are sure to be remembered by fans and viewers due to its demonstration of superior country artists who are sure to grow more featured in the industry subsequently.

Sources:

https://people.com/country/cmt-awards-2023-complete-winners-list/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/entertainment/cma-awards-2023-see-who-won/index.html 

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/country-music-association-awards-2023-complete-list-winners-cmas-1235785220/