Upcoming winter events near Montvale and Woodcliff Lake

As the snowflakes slowly flurry to the ground, the cold weather approaches and the winter events start to come to life! Many events during this holiday season in the Montvale and Woodcliff Lake area are starting to take place.
Rily Alexander

As the snowflakes slowly flurry to the ground, the cold weather approaches and the winter events start to come to life! Many events during this holiday season in the Montvale and Woodcliff Lake area are starting to take place. There is nothing like a good holiday escape at any of the following locations!

The Orchard of Lights starts on Nov. 23 and runs through Jan. 1, 2024. The show is presented to the public through a 32-acre holiday light display at Demarest Farms in Hillsdale, New Jersey. There is also a fireplace with smores, hot chocolate and more! The cost is $35 per car, and you can also take pictures with Santa, which is a perfect way to spread the holiday cheer.

Another fun winter-filled event this holiday season near Woodcliff Lake and Montvale is the Let it Glow: A Holiday Lantern Spectacular located at the Van Saun Park in Paramus. This event runs through Jan. 14, 2024, and throughout the park, there are 30+ lanterns shining. The cost per adult is $18 and $9 for children. It is an event you do not want to miss, with the many holiday lanterns and shining lights. 

Although Holmdel may be a stretch for some, the Magic of Lights at PNC Bank Arts Center is a captivating show you will never forget. Speaking from experience, going to this beautiful light show, participating in the many holiday filled activities like ice skating and drinking the hot chocolate near the fire is a holiday tradition that should never end, costing only $20 per person. The event will run all the way through Jan. 14, 2024, with opportunities to participate in the many celebrations outside. 

If you would prefer to go to a more local light show more close by, the American Dream Mall in East Rutherford is showcasing a Winter Lantern Festival! Taking place on the second floor around the ice rink, the event will showcase over 1,000 Chinese lanterns and lights. This gives you an opportunity to experience many different lights and enjoy a new experience. The cost is $17 per adult and $10 per child, and it will run all the way until Jan. 2, 2024. This experience is something you will not want to miss.

Although a NYC commute might seem time consuming, the Dyker Heights Christmas Lights is worth the while! Located in Brooklyn, running all throughout December, this winter wonderland provides you with an out of body experience. Every year, the community transforms from a quiet scene into a carnival-filled experience with beautiful lights and Christmas cheer. Citizens are sure to receive a shock of tremendous Holiday spirit at one of the city’s most popular holiday attractions.  

If you want to experience the most iconic Christmas tree to date, the Rockefeller Christmas Tree, located in the Diamond District of New York City, is always available to see and enjoy! Standing over 80 feet tall at 85 years old, the tree is its own unique entity that you cannot miss around Christmas time, especially living in the area! Although the tree was previously lit on Nov. 29, it is still a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see it lit and to watch all the families stop by and see the tree. The tree will be open for viewing until Jan. 13, and it is so special because it showcases over 50,000 lights. 

Living in the New Jersey area gives plenty of room for fun holiday cheer and quality time with family. Plan a day to scope out these events with some friends or family and spread some holiday cheer!