Reporting with Hills Pride

The Trailblazer

Reporting with Hills Pride

The Trailblazer

Reporting with Hills Pride

The Trailblazer

New country star… Beyoncé?

Beyoncé’s country album will be released on March 29, 2024. It is called Act II and is a sequel to her Renaissance album.
Raph_PH via Wikimedia Commons
Beyoncé on the Renaissance World Tour at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on June 1, 2023.

Beyoncé is mainly known for her pop, hip hop, and R&B songs and vocals. A fan favorite of hers is the song “Halo,” which has over 1 billion streams on Spotify. Recently, she announced that she will be switching it up and releasing a country album. Fans have been shocked about this information. 

The newfound country star appeared in a Verizon Superbowl commercial where she surprised fans by announcing the new album. Then, people quickly realized that she had already put out two of her new songs.

One of the singles, “Texas Hold’Em,” reached number one on the Billboard Country Songs chart this week. This made Beyoncé the first woman of color to hold the top spot. Even the face of country music, Dolly Parton herself, congratulated Beyoncé for her new album.

She released two singles: “Texas Hold’Em” and “16 Carringes.” Beyoncé usually sticks to her norm of pop or hip pop songs, so her decision to create an album in a whole other genre is surprising to many. 

Most country music fans are not ready to accept her yet. Even Oklahoma’s country music station refused to play her song on the radio until Beyoncé fans fought back.  

A survey was sent out to the students of Pascack Hills regarding their opinion on the song and her decision to release this country album. 

Many students say that the song is catchy and they know about it from TikTok. Some students think Beyoncé was intelligent to broaden her horizons, while others think she should stick to her normal music. 

“I think it was smart because it’s good to have a variety of songs to cater to different audiences,” said sophomore Shane Levy.

“Considering the fact that she isn’t very experienced in country music, she put in her all and made a pretty good song!” said freshman Evelyn Gray.  

While some students think that the bold move was worth it, others do not. Some students argue that Beyoncé singing this new genre sounds odd and unnatural. 

“It doesn’t fit the culture of Hip-Hip that Beyoncé has had a major role in creating,” said sophomore McKenna Ferrall. 

So, will the country music world will learn to accept Beyoncé and her new album, or will she remain #1 on the Billboard charts without being recognized? Let us know in the comments!