Hills hosts biennial Mr. Pascack Hills competition

The Mr. Pascack Hills competition, hosted by teachers Edward Sandt and Eric Ganz, is a long-standing Pascack Hills tradition that values talent, confidence, and Hills Pride. 
Zackary Ben
The student contestants before the show.

Every two years, the students of Pascack Hills gather in the auditorium to determine who is the freshest of them all. The Mr. Pascack Hills competition, hosted by teachers Edward Sandt and Eric Ganz, is a long-standing Pascack Hills tradition that values talent, confidence, and Hills Pride. 

On Feb. 1, seven students and three teachers contested for the title of Mr. Pascack Hills 2024. Meet the contestants below:

The show included a grand entrance, questions, and a talent presentation. Ahead of the competition, the Trailblazer collected some responses from the contestants to hear what Mr. Pascack Hills means to them. Included are some highlights:

Trailblazer: What makes you fresh?

Robert Salgado: I’ve been fresh from the moment I stepped into Pascack Hills. 

Derek Piccini: Showers and Deodorant.

Joe McNeice: Sports makes me fresh.

Trailblazer: What do you want the student body to know about you?

Stephen Comanto: I love the Mr. Pascack Hills competition so much that I am doing it for the 4th time. Please do not look up my record in the previous three competitions….

McNeice: I love to do bowling.

Piccini: If you think I am just some mean guy that gives out detentions, I am.

Jack Herrington: My name is Jack no John converted into Jack 

Trailblazer: What makes you stand out in a crowd?

Herrington: My fashion sense because I always got that flame on me.

Jack Dugan: Definitely my hair. There’s too much of it.

Comanto: Freshness stands out in an unassuming way. A fresh person should never stand out but their freshness is very obvious at all times. You could call it “casual freshness.”

Traiblazer: What does the title of Mr. Pascack Hills mean to you?

Salgado: That I represent the greatest school around, and do so with pride. 

Dugan: Everything.

Junior Jack Dugan and teacher Stephen Comanto emerged victorious with the title of Mr. Pascack Hills! Check out some photos from the competition:

Editor’s note: This article was written prior to the recent loss of Joe McNeice. He truly embodied the ideals of Mr. Pascack Hills.