Pascack Players brings Cinderella workshop to Hills community

The Pascack Players have been working hard to create magic as they prepare for their spring musical, “Cinderella.” On March 1, they brought that magic to the children of the local community as they hosted the first-ever children’s workshop.
Stephanie Buckley

Over the last few months, the Pascack Players have been working hard to create magic as they prepare for their spring musical, “Cinderella.” On March 1, they brought that magic to the children of the local community as they hosted the first-ever children’s workshop.

The workshop was open to any children in first to sixth grade. Participants came from Montvale, Woodcliff Lake, Hillsdale, Glen Rock, Ridgewood, and many more towns in the area.

Cast and crew members collaborated with Stephanie Buckley, a teacher at Park Ridge High School, to create an educational evening of singing, dancing, and crafting. 

“I had such an awesome time at the workshop! Mrs. Buckley has been running them at Park Ridge High School for years, and I can remember back when I was the same age as these kids are now, doing the same thing. I think it’s really cool that our program is able to connect with all the young people in our community, and I’m thrilled that I was able to be a part of it!” said Hills junior Michael Dugan.

Members of the Pascack Players became the directors for a day and taught the participating children a section of “The Prince is Giving a Ball” by Rodgers and Hammerstein from “Cinderella,” complete with choreography, vocals, and handmade props. The night concluded with a grand performance showcasing the number.

“The ‘Cinderella’ workshop was a great way to engage kids and expose them to theater. It was a great experience for us because we got to be the ones to teach them about it,” said sophomore Caitlin Buckley, one of the lead directors for teaching choreography.

The Players hope to make this a new tradition here at Pascack Hills.

“Working with these kids and bringing joy to their lives was an immensely enjoyable experience,” said freshman Henry Paikin.