Week in Bronco Sports: 9/18-9/23

Missed any of last week’s games? Check out this week in Broncos sports review.
The+Pascack+Hills+Varsity+Volleyball+Game+with+Paramus+Catholic.++
@shotbybaskin on Instagram
The Pascack Hills Varsity Volleyball Game with Paramus Catholic.

Monday, September 18

Volleyball at Westwood – 2-0 Win

Pascack Hills Volleyball got a close win on Monday over Westwood to go 4-0. They won the first set 25-22 and the second 25-17. Juniors Lily Kelly and Gianna Juliano led two stat categories for the Broncos.

Girls Soccer at Westwood – 4-0 Win

Hills girls soccer got a shutout win at Westwood on Monday, their second win of the season. Seniors Kate Sneath and Nikki Giammanco gave the Broncos a 2-0 lead at halftime. Junior Sophie Pinkwater and sophomore Asiya Crandall scored in the second half to help Hills win 4-0.

Boys Soccer vs. Westwood – 0-0 Tie

A no-scoring tie gave Bronco boys soccer their first non-loss of the season. A good performance from Westwood goalie PJ Schmidt with six saves and a nice job from Hills goalie Cade Fabio kept this one scoreless through all 100 minutes.

Tuesday, September 19

Girls Tennis at Bergen Tech – 5-0 Loss

Girls tennis was shutout in their loss to Bergen Tech on Tuesday. Hills put up a good fight in the doubles matches, with the sophomore duo of Camilla Ambrocio and Rachael Yeung having a 6-3 first set loss and a 6-2 second set loss. In the other doubles match, Marli Golden and Stephanie Yeung lost 6-3 in the first set and 6-4 in the second set.

Gymnastics at Holy Angels – 96.55-92.35 Win

A nice win from Pascack Hills off the back of Hope Gasperino, who led the all-around, bars, and floor exercise categories, gave the Broncos a 2-0 record in the young season.

Wednesday, September 20

Volleyball vs. River Dell – 2-1 Loss

A very good and very close volleyball game on Wednesday saw the Broncos have their first loss of the season. River Dell won the first set 25-21, but Hills fought back with a 25-22 second set win. The tiebreaker set saw a 25-11 River Dell win. River Dell’s Erin McCabe led the kill and block category in their win.

Thursday, September 21

Boys Soccer at River Dell – 3-2 Loss

Boys soccer had a close loss on Thursday. River Dell got off to a 3-0 lead early, but Hills players Michael Chelney and Christian Grubic tried to put the Broncos back in it with two goals. However, there was no time for a third. Hills loses 3-2 against River Dell.

Girls Soccer vs. River Dell – 6-0 Win

A dominating win for girls soccer over River Dell on Thursday. Junior Sloane Irizarry started things off with a goal. Then the onslaught came in the second half. Seniors Brooke Bonanno and Leila Murillo scored twice. Junior Abbey Roche, freshman Keira Hickey, and sophomore Asiya Crandall rounded out the scoring.

Friday, September 22

Volleyball vs. Holy Angels – 2-0 Win

Volleyball got back on track with a two-set win over Holy Angels. A 25-11 first set win and a 25-17 second set win led them there. Senior Mikka Jarvis led both the block and assist categories.

Football at Indian Hills – 22-13 Win

A great win for Pascack Hills football over Indian Hills on Friday came because of the combined rushing efforts of quarterback Connor Ohnikian, who led the rushing with 107 yards on 13 attempts, and Cuddy Zhu, who had 23 total yards on rushing and receiving. Senior running back Jordan Morrell scored all three Bronco touchdowns, two on rushes, where he had 93 yards on 14 attempts, and one on a kickoff return right after halftime to give the Broncos a 22-13 win over the Braves. Hills football is back home this Friday against Dover at 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, September 23

Boys Soccer vs. Ridgefield Park – 4-1 Win

Boys soccer finally got a win Saturday against Ridgefield Park. Nick Frangiosa and Christian Grubic scored in the first half to put Hills up 2-0 at halftime. Seniors Zachary Goldman and Michael Chelney scored insurance goals in the second half to give the Broncos their first win of the season.

Volleyball vs. Paramus Catholic – 2-0 Win

A nice team win from the Broncos on Saturday over Paramus Catholic puts Bronco volleyball at 6-1 after two weeks and seven games. Hills won the first set 25-22 and the second set 25-14 over the Paladins.