Week in Bronco Sports: 10/9-10/14

Missed any of last week’s games? Check out this week in Broncos sports review.
Josh Baskin
Jordan Morrell with a carry in the Broncos’ 43-0 win on senior night.

Monday, Oct. 9

Girls Tennis vs. Indian Hills – 5-0 Win

Another all-match win for girls tennis came on Monday as they prepared for their state tournament match against Pascack Valley.

Volleyball vs. Westwood – 2-0 Win

Hills volleyball had a close win on Monday over Westwood. The Broncos won the first set 25-21 and the second set 25-23.

Tuesday, Oct. 10

Girls Tennis vs. Pascack Valley (NJSIAA Tournament Quarterfinals) – 3-2 Win

Hills had a close win in the quarterfinals of the state tournament against Valley. Ava Patelsky and Jillian Fleishman had the singles wins for the Broncos, and Samantha Lazar and Olivia Ge came up with a clutch doubles win to put the Broncos in the state semifinals.

Girls Soccer at Mahwah – 2-0 Loss

Girls soccer had a tough 2-0 loss to Mahwah on Tuesday. Mahwah scored once in the first half and once in the second, both by Julianna Capitanello.

Boys Soccer vs. St. Joseph (Bergen Invitational Second Round) – 6-1 Win

Boys soccer had a big win over St. Joseph on Tuesday. Michael Chelney got a hat trick, and Andy Kim, Christian Grubic, and Christian Ruocco all added goals to get a 6-1 win.

Wednesday, Oct. 11

Volleyball at Ridgefield Park – 2-0 Win

Volleyball had another straight-set win on Wednesday. They won the first set 25-21 and the second set 25-12. Mikka Jarvis reached 1,000 career assists, the first player in Broncos history to do so.

Thursday, Oct. 12

Girls Tennis at Demarest (NJSIAA Tournament Semifinals) – 3-2 Loss

Girls tennis was unable to advance in the state tournament. Both doubles matches were won by the Broncos.

Volleyball at River Dell – 2-0 Loss

Volleyball had a hard-fought loss on Thursday. The first set went to extra points, with River Dell winning 27-25. River Dell won the second set 25-23. This was the first straight-set loss for the Broncos all year.

Boys Soccer at Westwood – 2-1 Loss

Boys soccer had a tough loss on Thursday to Westwood. Zach Goldman had the only goal for the Broncos.

Girls Soccer vs. Westwood – 2-1 Win

Girls soccer had an important win against Westwood on senior night. Senior Leila Murillo had two great goals for Pascack Hills.

Friday, Oct. 13

Girls Tennis vs. Mahwah – 3-2 Win

Girls tennis ended the week with a close win over Mahwah. Patelsky and Fleishman won both of their singles matches. Lazar and Ge won their doubles match to give Hills the win.

Football vs. Bergen Tech – 43-0 Win

Football had another big win on Friday. Senior Jordan Morrell had three rushing touchdowns on senior night. Quarterback Connor Ohnikian had one rushing touchdown and one passing touchdown to Jake Polsky. Sophomore Liam Cozza came in at quarterback in the second half and got a rushing touchdown of his own.

Saturday, Oct. 14

Boys Soccer at Park Ridge (Bergen Invitational Third Round) – 2-1 Win

Boys soccer had a tough win in the rain on Saturday. Michael Chelney and Andy Kim had the two goals for Hills.

Volleyball at Old Tappan (Bergen Tournament Quarterfinals) – 2-0 Loss

Volleyball had their third loss of the season against Old Tappan in the Bergen County Tournament. Old Tappan won 25-22 in the first set and 25-15 in the second set.